Often patients are not sure and do need an experienced cosmetic plastic surgeon to tell them whether they are a good candidate for breast Lift or breast Lift with implant.
Effectively, breast reshaping and enhancement using silicone implants can achieve a beautiful look and improve your self-confidence. Often patients are not sure whether they need breast Lift or augmentation or both to achieve the desire cosmetic outcome. Here I would like to invite you to learn about each breast procedure before making your final decision.
1) The breast lift or the so-called “Mastopexy”:
A breast lift, or mastopexy, is designed to correct droopy breasts and produce a more attractive looking breast. Surgeons do perform breast Lift surgery by using different techniques depending on the degree of sagginess of the breast. There are three degrees of sagginess:
Usually Dr Mounir will stress and insist to make sure that you do understand that breast implants are not designed to lift the breasts and in fact the heavier the implants you will choose, the higher the risk your breasts will drop more with time. Manchester Breast cosmetic surgeon will normally offer you two options.
- First one (for Minor sagginess: Yellow) is to have a staged operation; this is when you will proceed with a breast augmentation only and if you still feel that your breasts position is not as you have expected than you would need to proceed with second stage involving more scars and costs. You need that stage operations are one procedure (breast augmentation and then uplift). The only specificity of this option is that it is not a combined procedure.
- Second option (for moderate sagginess: brown) If your breast nipple is slightly below the breast crease, Dr Mounir will offer you a combined procedure with enhancement using silicone implants. This is also known as modified lift or mini lift. This procedure involves putting implants in your breast pocket and removing skin only around your nipple (Donut scar). You will end up with a scar around the nipple and a short scar about 2 inches long in the breast crease.
- Third option (for sever sagginess): This is when the nipple/areola complex is located below the breast crease. Dr Mounir Manchester cosmetic surgeon usually will offer you a full uplift with or without implant depending on the density of your breasts. Usually he would suggest adding implant during the reshaping of your breast only and only if you are lacking breast fullness. The full breast uplift involves either an anchor or Lollipop scar. The goal is to enhance or restore the fullness to the breasts, reduce sagging. Breast lift reshaping surgeries should reposition the nipple and produce a more attractive look. Please be aware that scars are always noticeable and beyond the surgeon’s control. Usually, these scars should flatten and fade over time but stay permanent.
2) Breast implants
With regard of your breast implants Dr Mounir will discuss with you the following:
- The different type of implants (smooth vs textured)
- The different shape of implants (anatomical vs round)
- The position of the implant in your breast pocket (behind or over the muscle)
You need to understand that breast augmentation involves inserting foreign material into your breast through an incision. The goal is to achieve a fuller and firmer breast. The ideal candidates for implants are women with the nipple sitting higher than the breast crease (green). If you are dissatisfied with the size, shape, or fullness of your breasts and this does affect your self-confidence then you are a good candidate for breast enhancement. Also, if you wish to correct asymmetric breasts or change their shape breast augmentation could be the right option for you.
When should I choose augmented mastopexy (both procedure Lift and augmentation)?
If you have lost weight and/or finished having children and you feel that you have lost fullness of the breast especially at the top, combined with breasts that hang lower, Breast augmentation with Lift (augmented mastopexy) is the best procedure for you.
If you are not sure whether you need a Breast uplift, Silicone implant, or a combined procedure? Contact our office today to book your consultation and learn more about our advanced cosmetic surgery techniques in Manchester City and the surrounding area. We strongly believe in providing our patients with an educational, to make sure that you have a say in every decision about your procedure. Dr Mounir would be honored to consult you.
Dr Abel Mounir is a board-certified plastic surgeon, trained and experienced in the most advanced cosmetic surgical procedures available today. Dr. Mounir is board certified by the German Board of Plastic Surgery. He has completed advanced training in Breast Surgery as a Fellow at the prestigious Institute of Reconstructive.